Kohen W. Bauer
Current Thesis Topic
- Analyzing trace metal concentration in hydrothermal sediments from the East Pacific Rise.
- Modeling Banded Iron Formations in the Archean Ocean.
- Measuring the chromium speciation and isotopic composition of the Fraser River Estuary.
- Tracking the redox evolution of Ocean Anoxic Events using chromium isotopes.
- Monitoring chromium isotope fractionation during oxidative weathering.
- Measuring trace metal isotopes in Indonesian lake sediments to learn about climate evolution of the Indo-Pacific warm pool.
(September 2014 – Present)
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia.
Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of Earth Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences.
(September 2012 – September 2013)
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario.
Degree conferred: M.Sc Earth Science, Carbon Cycling and Geochemical Modeling.
(September 2007 - May 2011)
Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario.
Degree conferred: B.Sc. Hons. Geology